Friday!!! Everyone’s favourite day! For me and Tim Friday doesn’t just mean it’s the weekend, it means it’s time for another top 5! This week we’re looking at Board Games. I love board games. I always wanted to be that family that sits around the dining table after dinner and plays a board game or two instead of sitting in front of the TV or on our phones. Now I have my own little family, as Alex grows maybe my dream will become reality!
Until then, here are my favourite board games to play. There are no rules to the list, if they’re sold amongst the board games in the shop, and is played on a board or using a board then it counts!
5. Chess. Let’s takes things back to basics. Chess is one of my favourites. My dad taught me to play and we’d play together loads. One Christmas I was even treated to a glass chess board and pieces! It was beautiful.
4. The Game of Life. I was introduced to this game by my partner and his family. I’d not heard of it until we played it but once I had played it once I was hooked. The whole premise of the game is that you have a car with ‘you’ inside and as you progress around the board you gain a ‘husband’ or ‘wife’ and get a job and, if you’re lucky (or not depending on your views!), children too! To win, you reach the end of the board and be the one with the most money when you ‘retire’!
3. Battleships. 2 Players. 10 ships. Who can sink whose ships first? That’s basically it. So simple yet so much fun!
2. Trivial Pursuit. I love this game so much. I could spend hours and hours playing this game! I’m not great at it but I love it! I do really the different variations like the Harry Potter version and Disney version which I happen to be rather good at!
1. Cluedo. My absolute favourite game. I could play this all day and all night long. I’m good at this game but it’s really varied so I could have one great game and then the next be terrible! I just love it.
An honourable mention this week goes out to Monopoly. Relationship killer. The cause of many a household argument. You either end up stinking rich or completely broke! But we all keep going back to it! It’s addictive!
And there you go – my favourite board games. What are yours? Let me know in the comments!
As always, pop on over to Broken Thoughts for Tim’s top 5 and to find out what he’s chosen as next weeks topic!