My turn to choose this week, and I’ve gone for Albums…. Why oh why did I choose albums? There are so many great albums out there that I could listen to again and again! We agreed not to opt for any compilation albums, in case that topic comes up in future!
What’s done is done, so here are my top 5 Albums!
5. Jack Johnson – In Between Dreams. It was actually my better half that introduced me to both the artist and this particular album. I love this album for easy listening. And it also contains ‘our song’. Not the song ‘Our Song’ by Elton John. I mean mine and Tim’s song (see video above).
4. Amy Winehouse – Back to Black. I love Amy. She’s awesome. Her music is epically good. I always find myself singing so loud when one of her songs come on. Although she only released 2 albums before her death in 2011, this is my favourite. And my favourite song from the album is in the video above.
3. Michael Jackson – History: Past, Present and Future Book 1. I know. I know. We said no compilations. But I am making an exception for this one. We had the album on play in our house when I was growing up all. the. time. We also owned the VHS (yes you read right – VHS) of the album too, which was all the music videos for the songs on the album! Once again, see above for my favourite song on the album!
2. Kelly Clarkson – Breakaway. I. Love. Her. She’s absolutely amazing and I would give ANYTHING to see her live. This album was the soundtrack for 2004 through to 2006 for me. During this time, no other artist existed. No song could beat Breakaway, Since U Been Gone and Walk Away… Not for me anyway.
1. Green Day – 21st Century Breakdown/American Idiot. I concede. I can’t decide between these 2 albums! If I had a gun to my head I’d probably go for 21st Century Breakdown. But both of these albums by my all time favourite band (who I have seen twice now, and I would have been looking to go a third time if I had been able to get tickets for their upcoming Revolution Radio tour *sad face*) are simply amazing. I can listen to both from start to finish without skipping a single track. I love them all.
And there you have it. My top 5 albums. Don’t forget to pop on over to Broken Thoughts to see Tim’s top 5.
So, what do you think? What would be on your top 5?